Monday, February 7, 2011

Welcome To Crakkajamma Comics!

Smashing Namesake of the Blog
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all my new readers who have somehow stumbled across my humble blog!  I don't have expectations of becoming the overnight source for all comics-related news or opinions, but I hope that my blog stirs some thoughts, entertains, and provides a laugh or two. And maybe that I become the premiere source for things comics.  But you can't have it all.

As you will see in the coming days ahead, I'm going to have a few features that will be showing up with some regularity. First, I'm
going to have reviews for both trades and for single issue floppies.  Why review trades?  It's (in this blogger's humble opinion) the number one way for new readers to get into comics.  Have a friend you want to get into comics? Give them a complete story, something to get them hooked and wanting more.  So, at least once a week, I'm going to be doing a "Giant-Sized" review of a trade paperback from a previously concluded story arc.

But don't fret my fearless floppy feature feeders!  We (meaning I) will also be reviewing a few comics from each week's floppy list!  

Next, from time to time I'm going to be running some opinion pieces on various topics.  Before you all let out your collective groans at yet another Internet Man (with the power of posting anonymously across great distances in a single type!) gives his opinions, know that I will be doing my very best to bring my own unique twist to the matter while trying to inject a bit of levity into the subject.

I'll also be running selected news stories as they hit the web and trying to work in a few offbeat and humorous posts as well.  It's a full plate and I'll be adjusting content as I see what works and what doesn't.  Also, if you have ideas for features you want to see on the site, please drop me a line in the comments or shoot me an e-mail.  I'm always wanting feedback and constructive criticism of any kind (from page layout to content to whatever) so let me know.

-Andrew
(who's got no idea what he's got himself into)


No comments:

Post a Comment